Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Too Much 'To Do List' To Do...

Planning a wedding is stressful! Since being engaged my immune system has totally died. I am sick pretty much non stop. And although I am really good at pushing myself to get up, go to work, and take care of Brent I just cannot do it all.

I was given the challenge of planning a wedding in 6 months, which is actually pretty do able is you space things out evenly. Brent and me picked a date within a few days of being engaged, April 23, 2011. We found a really nice and affordable venue located in Dallas City, IL. I wanted Brent to pick the location before I looked for a venue. LDS marriages take place inside the temple but because I was just baptized and no one else in my family is LDS he wanted to have a civil marriage so my family could attend. The venue is called the 1850's Guest House and is only about 10 minutes north of Nauvoo. We are planning on getting married outside and having the reception inside. We chose IL because we only think that it is fair if both families have to travel. Luckily, most people have been very open and willing to this which has made the planning process easier.

We mailed out wedding invitations about one month ago, along with all of the RSVP information, rehearsal dinner invites, and out-of-town hotel accommodations. A lot of the invitations have been lost in the mail or were returned which made things a little frustrating when grandparents are calling asking if they are invited to the wedding.

We found a really nice florist in the area and made all of the flower arrangements. Joe and I planned the rehearsal dinner and made the reservation. I have met with the officiant and made a rough outline of the service, he is going to send us a typed version for revision and finalization in a few weeks. We have a caterer and supply rental company in line and waiting for finalized numbers. I have my wedding dress, vail, shoes, and all of those necessary supplies. All of the dresses for the bridesmaids have been ordered, paid for, and shipped.

I know I am missing things, but the moral of the story is that things are going well. Only a few more things to do before the big day!

No comments:

Post a Comment