Wednesday, February 23, 2011

OH-IO! Oh I'm Sick

Last Thursday I woke up, got ready for school, packed the truck, and went to pick up Brent. I noticed though that I wasn't feeling like my normal self. I had a bit of a sore throat and an upset stomach. At first I thought maybe it was because I was dehydrated or just nervous about traveling. I worked through the whole day and then left around 4 PM with Brent to Phoenix.

We arrived in Phoenix around 8:30 PM to find out that my midnight flight was delayed until 1:30 AM. We later found out that it was because Obama landed in San Francisco and the plane that was suppose to take me to Chicago was stuck in San Fran. Great... I made Brent leave the airport around 11 PM and go to his hotel because he was tired and had a big day ahead of him. I went through security and found a quiet restaurant to sit in and wait until my flight. The longer I sat and just waited the more I felt just plane awful. I knew I was getting sick but refused to let that get intervene with my weekend with friends and family.

The first flight was ok. The captain made it from Phoenix to Chicago in 2.5 hours. WOW! I had a 3 hour lay over where I passed out in the terminal while waiting for my next flight. The second flight was painful. There was a lot of turbulence and if you have ever traveled in the air on an upset stomach then you understand my pain. I spent the entire 45 minutes in the bathroom being deathly ill. The flight attendant knocked on the door and offered me a Sprite.

I spent the whole weekend in Ohio. I felt pretty much horrible the entire time but it was worth it in the long run. I took care of a bunch of wedding stuff with my mom. Saw my step-mom and step-sister. I hung out with maid of honor, Emma. And even made time to hang with the sorority. By Sunday morning though I knew I had to go to the doctor. I got up and drove 30 minutes to my Ohio doctor where I was told that I had an inner ear infection (great, more hearing problems), a sinus infection, and a upper respiratory infection. He gave me enough antibiotics to get through 10 days and even then he said I probably would still be fighting all of it.

I flew home on Monday morning where I met the most amazing man at the airport, Brent. We started driving home and I, once again, was out. I was so tired and pretty much felt awful that I was no help driving and was even worse company. We got back to Pinon around 8 PM that night. I knew I had to get up for work the following day so I did not stay up to late.

I woke up on Tuesday morning with every intention of going to work. But the more I pushed myself the worse I got. I finally just made the decision that I needed to stay home and sleep. I packed up some stuff and headed for Brent's house since it is much warmer than mine and closer to the school in case something happened. Well Brent was not feeling well on Tuesday morning either. He kept complaining of an upset stomach and how bad he ached. He went to work, but came home about 45 minutes later. At that point I switched into 'wife' mode and forgot how crappy I felt and took care of my sick hubby. I got him sick and felt awful for it, I still feel bad.

On Wednesday we felt the same way so I called both of us off sick again. I later found out during the day that I had no voice and Brent laughed at me. I kind of sounded like a really squeaky mouse. And if I would have gone to work I might have screamed at some people considering they kicked my students out of the classroom so they could run some stupid 'AIMS boot camp' but that is another story. I have been trying to take care of Brent all day. I stayed awake so if he woke and needed me I was right there. I covered him up when he was cold, I cleaned his house and cooked for him, and yet I still feel awful. He tried to tell me to go take a nap but I said 'when have you ever been able to tell me to do something' and he said 'a few times.'

I still feel awful and my voice is gone. Oh well, at least Brent is feeling better and that is all that matters to me.

LOVE YOU HUNNY!

No comments:

Post a Comment